Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Trying different things

School has been busier then ever.  I'm being pretty good about keeping up with assignments and doing them in advanced.  This week is even more important since I will be taking a trip to LA this weekend for the Musink Tattoo Convention and Music Festival.

While in LA, the garment district will be awesome for background fabrics.  I went to WPPI (Wedding and Portrait Photographer) convention last week and there were many booths that were lumped together with backdrops hanging and bundled and folded.  It reminded me of a swap meet.  It also reminded me that I can go to LA and probably get some pretty amazing fabrics to make backgrounds and not ridiculously priced either.

Hopefully, with the change of scenery, I can get some pretty good photo taking this weekend.  Here's a couple of my assignments turned in last week.  This one is my architectural assignment in 4x5 large format class.


This place...I don't even want to talk about it right now.  All I have to say is it's my second home and that's not a good thing!

This next picture is from a cookbook assignment for Commercial Photography class.  I've come to realize that I haven't really tried taking photos of food and I probably should take the Food Photography class because it is much more complicated then it seems

.

No comments:

Post a Comment