Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Midnight In The Park

This morning I had an assignment due for Commercial class called product on location.  I missed last weeks class so I had no clue what the assignment requirements were.  Me being the procrastinator, waited until the very last day to get a hold of the instructor and find out what I needed to do.

The assignment was to photograph a product in a suitable environment like alcohol at a bar, or furniture in a home.  I not only waited til the last day to shoot this, I spent all day thinking of what I would shoot.  I came up with a bunch of ideas and went for something that I could do later in the evening and also somewhere close to my house.

Sometime around midnight, the husband and I packed up all the gear and headed for Aliante Nature Discovery Park.  My thought process was that my product would go well with a fancy lit waterfall behind it...of course I didn't think about the possibility that they actually turn the waterfall and lights off in the late evenings.  So, I went with my product and scouted around the park for a decent shot.

I chose to shoot a bottle of wine that Michael (the husband) bought for me.  I was thinking a waterfall is romantic, but since that was out of the picture, literally, I figured that night lights would make a good backdrop also.  I set up my tripod and took some shots to figure out my shutter speed so I could drag the shutter, then set up the bottle of wine and my flash and cracked my whip on my photo boy to hold up the reflector.

There are some crazy ducks in this pond

I'm pretty happy with the outcome.  I don't prefer doing food photography, but I love night photography.  It's like an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment